Friday, November 23, 2012

Hebrews 12:28

For the last 23 days I have seen all my friends post on their blogs and facebook pages what they are thankful for. I thought about doing it, but when I really contemplated putting it down in black in white I changed my mind. I have so many things that putting them in priority would be ridiculous   Then I began to ask God what He desires us to be the most thankful for....Salvation, families, grace?  Here is what I heard....

 "Do you see what we’ve got? An unshakable kingdom! And do you see how thankful we must be? Not only thankful, but brimming with worship, deeply reverent before God. For God is not an indifferent bystander. He’s actively cleaning house, torching all that needs to burn, and he won’t quit until it’s all cleansed. God himself is Fire!"                                                                   Hebrews 12:28

Wow!!! Families are fickle... even the closest families have moments when they are at odds and friends come in and out of your life, much like the tides. The only one thing that is constant and the same for all time is God... he never changes. He never allows my stinking attitude  sever  His love for me. He doesn't listen to what others say about me and draw conclusions about my worth. He doesn't sit around and talk about me just to entertain Himself or pass the time. His love is genuine and never be found lacking, even when I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Facebook Badge