Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Day of Fun in the Sun


Today we had a great idea. We were going to take Emma to the Lake and let her play in the water. We then found out that a woman drowned where we were planning to go. That changed my mind about swimming, but I thought, "We can stil get our feet wet and let Emma play." I guess that was not to be. We packed up a cooler, a blanket, sun screen, and towels. As we began to drive out the sky began to grow darker and the wind began to pick up. We arrived at our destination and began to unpack this sweet little lunch that I had poured over. Just as we were sitting down to eat and gust of wind almost blew Emma and her stroller across the picnic site. Determined, we stayed the corse and were blown from here to yonder. I was amased at how much Emma loved it! She loved the wind, she loved the stail bread, and she loved the lake. We had thought that it had flopped, but sweet baby girl in her innocence taught her mommy something.
Many times we have grand plans and they blow up in our face. We plan on making a really wonderful meal for company, we plan to surprise the one we love with a night they won't soon forget, or we have great expetations of the super time that we will have on trip; only to see it fall apart, blow up, or simply not happen. I don't know about anyone else but I tend to pout and storm when that happens. I don't even start to think about how I might still enjoy the moment. Emma did not care that out best laid plans had just blow away with the wind. She was so happy to be out side and in the water.
I am making a choice to look beyond the trees and through the clouds. God may just surprise me with something that I had never even thought of!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Facebook Badge