Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Boy! Oh Boy! Oh Boy!

I had always seen myself as the mother of boys. If anyone had asked me three years ago I would have told them boys were my preference. That was the case until we had our beautiful Emma and I totaly fell in love with all the glitter and frill a girl brought into our lives.
Now we stand at a new mark in our lives and our second child is four months away from making an appreance. Yesterday we went to the Dr. to find out what were having. Al the time that Dr. Maberry was putting gel on my stomach I was secretly saying over and over, "come on girl!!" and the he began the sonogram. He moved around and showed us the perfectly formed head, the strong leg and arm bones; I marveled at God's handy work!! He then said, "Let's find out what we are having." Spread eagle big as Dallas....Our BOY showed us with pride what he was. There was no hiding. Mick was so proud that a city could have been lit by his smile. Dr. Maberry finished the exam and told us that everything was perfect...I should have been so happy, but I wasn't. I was disappointed. I wanted a girl! I wanted another little princess to spoil and play dress up and and and....
Last night as I slept the Lord dealt with me. Not only do I have the great honor to raise a beautiful woman who will lead the nations to the kingdom, but I now have the great honor and tremendous responsibility to raise the man of God who will lead the nations, Smite the enemy, and heal the wounded. I now see Jackson differently. He is the man of God that may just change the face of the church forever and I will be apart of that!!!
Now there is no disappointment. There is only anticipation to see what God has planned for my dynamic duo!!! I praise the Lord for filling our quiver with such wonder!!!

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard to remain indifferent in regards to the sex of the baby! I felt the same way...and just like you, God dealt with me! I wouldn't take anything for my Monkies-- and I know you wouldn't either! =)

    We're so excited about Mr. Jackson! =)

    ReplyDelete


Facebook Badge