Saturday, October 31, 2009

Honesty

So honesty, It is something that we hear a lot about and it is something we like to think that we are, but the actual honest truth is that we are all liers. Whether it be telling a bold face whopper or simply telling ourselves that no one will find out, or that we can handle a situation ourselves with any out side help.
With that in mind I am going to be VERY HONEST to the point of being scary! Today a man was found in his home. Two days ago that man shot himself in the head. This was not the first time he had thought about this nor was it his first attempt. He was different, some would even say peculiar. Because of this he was also very alone, misunderstood, confused, conflicted, with out hope. he chose the only way that he could think of to deal with all of this and stuck a gun to his head and he was found today. I think it so very sad that he felt all of this and even sadder that I know that I had a few chances to reach out to him and did not.
What makes it this story even sadder (at least to me), is the fact that there have been times that I have felt this way at times. I have felt like no matter what I did I just didn't seem to fit. I have sat in a room all by my self and cried and wondered, "What is it about me that is so repulsive that no one would even give me the time of day?" I am sure that this man felt that way many times. The fact is this; and this is honesty, it isn't me and it wasn't him. The people we come in contact with are the problem.
Don't people understand that regardless of size, shape, or economics...We are created in the likeness of GOD? Not just a god, but the living GOD!? I would just simply ask everyone to be honest with themselves. Have you unfairly judged someone for any out word reason and haven't stopped to think about how your snubbing has left others feeling rejected, alone, and unworthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment


Facebook Badge